2013年1月30日星期三

My Belated Birthday Present

I was very happy when Mabel called me a few days ago and wondered if I wanted to hang out with her yesterday. She wanted to make dinner for me, as a treat for my last year's birthday present.( In our family we already get used to not celebrate our birthday on the actual day).

She came with her tiring eyes at 11a.m. We went out for lunch and then got back to our apartment at 2.30p.m. She wanted to take a nap first before we went over to her apartment. Even though she said it was my day and she would do whatever I wanted to do yesterday. What I wanted her to do was I would like her to get enough rest though.. So we both took a nap... and our nap turned into 3 hours sleep instead - we both woke up at 5:30 p.m.! We DID had a great nap! :) Then we went for grocery shopping for dinner before we headed to her apartment.

Mabel, my Master Chef has a good touch in cooking and her present for me was one of my favourites - her salmon dish.

We decided don't want to have any carbs, so we only had a big piece of salmon with one avocado each person and asparagus, and it was served with white sauce with kavian.
Her friend left this piece of chocolate last week for
her room mate Mattias and I had it for my tea after dinner. 












I really had enjoyed the dinner and the precious time we shared together. I am glad I still have one daughter that stays close enough where I only need to check the local transport time table before jumping on a bus or tram instead of buying an air ticket, quit at the airport and fly miles and miles away for a meet up.

Thanks darling for a really great meal, which I have longing for since half year ago when I was in Malaysia. Last night was a fun night. Love you Mabel!




没有评论:

发表评论