2013年1月5日星期六

An unusual Friday

YOUUUU HUUUU! Broke record tonight! For the first time I got home at 11.15 pm. on a Friday night. 

Well, tonight we didn't have any special bookings and no sight of any drop-in guest's shadow outside the restaurant, so we went home. HOLD ON a minute! This was not the real reason we closed earlier. We had had no bookings and no drop-in guests nights before but we always stayed and waited until the latest 12.30 a.m. So why my boss wanted to close earlier and left tonight?

Reason: He caught a flu, a terrible one. He was not feeling well for the pass two days - shivering and vomited but refused to go to doctors. Sleep and rest is the best medicine as he said and so he did. He was feeling kind of okey while we reached restaurant tonight and then felt freezing cold again. I told him to go home first and I could continue open the restaurant but he refused. So we came home.

I do feel sorry and am worried to see his face so pale. I totally understand how he feels because I have been that situation before. Don't get me wrong but thanks to him, I am glad I could come home earlier for once in a life time on a Friday, enjoy a glass of vodka lime and updating my blog now. Perhaps I should look at the positive side, I should say, we were lucky tonight because we didn't have guests, so that my boss could go home earlier and rest, and so did I.

It just that I have this wonder: Could women tolerant flu and pain much better than men? Do men turn into a baby when they are sick? (Perhaps someone could give me an answer from their own experiences). Why I have these wonders?

What I want to clarify here is: throughout all these years how many times (I have lost count)  I had been in his situation like today. I also had caught this type of bad flu several time with even body aching, fever and headaches besides the shivering cold; I had urinary infections with high fever and enormous pain in my lower abdomen until I couldn't stand up properly; I had terrible sore throat and lost my voice. Despite all these pains, I would hold on them and still carried on with my tasks - guess services and then karaoke work. Despite my painful situation, my boss would never ask anyone to come in and take over my task or send me home for resting. He would only sent me home after the closing time. 

Perhaps you would laugh at me or get annoyed at me, why I didn't voice out. I have lost the strength to tell him how sick I was when I was not feeling well, he would never listen or want to understand. I guess in his mindset, customers are more important than the wife, after all customers are our income resource and we simply couldn't afford to have another stuff. If he could manage alone in the kitchen, I should also could manage at the services too no matter how sick I was. 

Well, welcome to the reality of our service branch. We always like to joke about our situation among friends who are also in the same branch: We can afford to die but cannot afford to be sick! 
Hmm... wonder though if we really have to work tills we drop once day...

I just finished my drink, so I should go to bed now, after all I got a Friday night off, that's the best I could have on a Friday! Good night Sweden...

没有评论:

发表评论