2012年12月15日星期六

Christmas Mood

When my girls were small, we lived in a very small place until year 2006. We never had any Christmas tree in our home because we didn't have any extra place in the living room which happened to be our bedroom too.

Even though we are not Christian, but to celebrate Christmas has become our tradition in Sweden. We always celebrated our Christmas at our beloved neighbour - Mona and Stig's house on Christmas Eve. We had Mona's Christmas lunch at their house, sharing the joy with them and my girls would receive presents from them and their daughter, Annica too. All the Christmas stuff and hand-crafts which Mabel and Julie had made in school ended up being hanged on Mona's Christmas tree instead.

So, when we moved into this apartment in October 2006, we said we must have our own first Christmas tree that year, and we did! Due to my allergy problem, I dared not buy the fresh one, so we bought the plastic tree, which could last longer..and could be used every year :).

We did had a Christmas tree for two years - 2006 and 2007. Year 2008 I was back in Malaysia to take care of my mum, and that was the first time I was not with my family during the Christmas time..and they didn't put the tree up either..Year 2009 Per came and stayed with us during the Christmas time and due to the limited place in the living room, the tree was not up either.

Year 2010 was a sad Christmas because my mum passed away on the 9th of December. I was along in Malaysia and again our plastic tree spent its Christmas in the cold basement for another year. Last year, 2011, Mabel was in London and Julie was in Buxton. Although Julie came back for Christmas but without Mabel, we didn't feel the real Christmas spirit in the air and the poor tree didn't get the chance to be dressed up for the season either.

Finally, this year, this Christmas, this month, the plastic tree got the chance to come out from the basement and got dressed with the lights and shines in the living room again, and so are all the other Christmas stuff. I hope mum and dad could feel my Christmas mood and be happy for me! I miss them much sometimes but I am not sad any more.

Now.. waiting for Julie's home return patiently for another three days, then family movie night and all the friends' gathering with food and laughter in the coming weeks.

Merry Christmas to me and to all of you! Hugs

Getting ready for dress-up!

Never too much bling-bling

 I forgot which boyfriend gave me this bear,  I took it home from Malaysia recently..A perfect deco to my tree

Luckily I save this piece of work from Mabel. I have to ask her  when did she made it.

A handmade gift from Jean, my dear English friend.

One of my favourite, the bling-bling dragonfly!

Julie's friend gave her this.

An extra one at the balcony. This was used last year so I cannot abandon it.

One of my old favourite Xmas cards from Mona



On the table in the living room



At the entrance - Mabel made that big heart.

My hall way - Mabel made that red Santa in school when she was very small.

 Christmas presents from their uncle John to my girls when they were children.

A new addition this year. I bought this at the second hand market.

With the small  cosy lights

With the blink blink colourful light bolls 

Handmade cards are beautiful!
My kitchen







没有评论:

发表评论